DAVE'S PERSONAL STATEMENT
I have always been creative, from the time I was a young boy making cardboard dinosaurs, to the present day where I create my own paintings. After excelling at my favourite subjects at school - Art & Design and Graphic Communication - I knew I wanted to do something which would combine the two. For a long time I have appreciated graphic designs and when given the opportunity to try it for myself at school I produced quality designs and found the process very rewarding. I am eager for the chance to develop my graphic skills and thrive in the creative industry. I believe “Digital Art” is the right course to help me get to where I want to be.
Playing trombone in the school brass band is a role which requires dedication and teamwork to prepare for and pull off a good performance at concerts. I have been playing for two years now and hope to continue when I leave school.
Besides playing trombone, I enjoy listening to music as well. I appreciate and enjoy almost every form or ethnic style of music and am particularly passionate about the deep, complex and artistic music of film composer James Horner. The Arts are certainly where my interest and passion lies and as well as music I am inspired by the profound art of painters such as van Gogh, Cézanne, Munch, Gaughuin, and others. I also spend a lot of my time working on my own painting. I am currently discovering my own artistic temperament and attempting to translate this into a painting style. Other artists I admire are film directors such as James Cameron and Ron Howard.. And, of course, I am inspired by the art of graphic designers. Seeing their work made me sure of what I want to do.
I
have always enjoyed the excitement of sports such as tennis and football. Recently, the only contact I have had with these sports has been following games on the television. Life at University would give me the chance to take these sports up again.
In 4th year of secondary school I spent one week working back stage at the Ayr Gaiety theatre. My workmates found me to be pleasant, interested and enthusiastic and I discovered the importance of pulling together as a team when under pressure.
At my local church, I am part of the “media group.” This involves operating the sound system and multimedia projector on a Sunday morning as well as coming up with new ideas. Last year, the church youth group I belong to decided to organise a concert to raise funds for the tsunami appeal. As part of the project, I performed in a trombone trio. Currently, I am helping to paint the background scenery for the church pantomime - Robinson Crusoe.
Trusted by my peers and teachers, I have worked as a school prefect - a duty which requires initiative and responsibility. My successes at secondary school have made me confident that I would do well at university.
So what d'ya think??
Dave
P.S. sorry to Andy for stealing the first few words of his personal statement.
...a demented yet beautiful obsession with tuna invaded grilled bread products


Monday, November 28 >>>
4 Comments:
thats excellent dave. practically everything u mention, has some sort of connection to the course u choose and what u wanna be, e.g media group and your work experience. its really good, nice one!
btw jonny i saw that drummer thing, canny add comment cause i aint a member
well, u need to become a member, ill try invite u again
lol. Cheers
Post a Comment
<< Home